Are you ready for a Medical Alert?
Deciding whether or not to purchase a medical alert can be a big decision. For some, it makes them feel as if they’ve truly gotten old while for others, they just feel they aren’t ready yet. Some can’t afford it, but at Prime we will work with your budget to come up with a plan to keep you safe. Other seniors we’ve spoken to just want to make sure they’re getting equipment from a trustworthy company. While it is great to shop around and we understand the feelings of hesitance, don’t delay too long because you never know when an emergency will strike. Maybe your family has talked to you about getting a medical alarm or maybe you’re just curious. Whatever the reason, read the following questions to determine whether or not a medical alert is right for you.
- Within the last 12 months, have you frequently felt dizzy, fallen, stumbled, or lost balance?
- Have you been hospitalized or gone to the emergency room in the past year?
- Do you have any chronic conditions? For example: COPD, heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, or high stroke risk.
- Are you prescribed any medications that may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Do you frequently use an assistive device such as a walker, can, or wheelchair?
- Do you need assistance with any of the following activities of daily living: cooking, bathing, dressing, transferring (moving from one place to another), using the restroom?
- Are you living alone or at home alone for significant portions of the day?
If you answered yes to any of those questions then it may be time for a medical alert. If you answered yes to two or more of those questions then we strongly advise you to call one of our team members today. They will discuss the available options and see what fits best with your individual situation. For seniors who live alone and would like to remain independent for as long as possible, a medical alert is an invaluable resource.